(by Mario Fabbri, TV Host, Trying Vegan with Mario)
This technique is for the spice lovers out there! Habanero peppers range from 100,000-400,000 Scoville Units, or in other words, they are fricken hot! And when you turn them into a powder, it condenses the spice even more.
Tip: When you dehydrate habanero peppers, they become very light and crisp when completely dehydrated. The powder can easily become air-borne and affect your eyes so it is a good idea to slowly remove the spice mill lid after the powder has settled.
Time & Temperature: Dehydrate at 135 °F / 57 °C for 4-7 hours.
Equipment: SAHARA Folding Dehydrator.
- Handful of Habanero Peppers
- Slice habanero peppers very thin.
- Dehydrate on 135 °F / 57 °C for 4-7 hours. When they pass the snap test, they are ready.
- Enjoy them as a crispy garnish or grind them into a powder. They are crispiest right when they are finished.
- Store them in an airtight jar in a dry place.