Limited Time Offer: 7 Free Large Silicone Mats with the Sahara (Stainless Steel Shelves). Simply add the Sahara Dehydrator (Stainless Steel Shelves) and 7 Large Silicone Mats to your cart. Discount applied automatically. (USA Only)
The Sahara™ Folding Dehydrator is the world’s only food dehydrator that folds to 1/3 its size for storage. Sahara delivers over 11 ft² (1 m² ) of drying area, digitally-controlled 750W dual heaters, quiet and high-efficiency circulating airflow, filtered air intake, automated dual time/temperature controls, stainless steel, and glass doors.
- Exclusive 750W dual-heater design automatically switches to low power for more efficient operation when food is partially dry or for lower temperatures when drying raw food.
- Simple-to-use dual time/temperature control allows users to program two times and two temperatures for controlled food drying.
- Air circulation is provided by a quiet, highly efficient radial fan that balances a mixture of fresh and recirculated air to optimize food drying and energy efficiency.
- Dehydrated Foods Recipes
- Warranty: 3-year Limited Warranty (with registration). See Details
- What's in the box
- Drip Tray
- Power Cord
- 7 Shelves (Stainless Steel or Polypropylene Plastic)
- Zippered Shelf Case
- 2 Spare Air Filters
- Instruction Manual (English, French, German)
- Setup Guide
I’ve only used the dehydrator twice, so I can’t speak to its longevity. However, I am very happy with it so far. I got it primarily because vegetables are inevitably packaged in quantities that I can’t use, but I don’t want to waste.
1. It’s very easy to set up and take down. The racks all fit in their nice case. I live in a small house, so it was important to me that it didn’t take up space when not in use.
2. The wire racks and silicon mats are easy to clean.
3. I’ve dehydrated carrots, parsnips, and mushrooms. First thing I learned: drying times give a range. Here in Memphis, where it is very humid, I need to use the longest time. This works just fine. I put the dehydrator on my washing machine, the vegetables dry overnight.
4. The dried vegetables are delicious. And it gives me the opportunity to preserve vegetables from a farmers’ market — types of veg I can’t get commercially.
5. I found a website called The Backpacking Chef which has great info on drying vegetables and then cooking with them.
Not only is the Sahara dehydrator efficient and large capacity, it is a really slick design. Every time I use it I am impressed all over again. It's perfect for my situation (tiny, poorly designed kitchen) because it easily folds down for storage. I got the carrying case for it and for the shelves as well and everything fits together, so I don't have to go hunting for where I might have put parts of it. It is also 'stupid simple' to unfold and operate. Kudos to the designers of this excellent product! Their customer service is awesome too; they took care of my mistake in ordering as well as gave me the sale price that happened the day after I bought my unit. I am recommending this dehydrator to everyone!
This works like a charm! There is so much space for food that I can’t seem to fill it all! The folding action is very easy and pretty smooth. It’s compact enough to find a home in my kitchen, though it is large. I’ve dried nuts and fruit so far and it works very well. I’d highly recommend buying a few of the silicone mats as well to make this more versatile. I want to dry some meat but haven’t been able to yet! The settings are really straight forward. This does not have a light but I figured you’d have to use a second light source anyway because the food would block any light on the inside anyway. So that doesn’t bother me at all. Great purchase. It all feels high quality. The power plug coming out of the left side is a little strange though it works in my situation. But I can see how that could be really inconvenient if my outlet was on the other side of the machine in my kitchen. They could have put that in the back. But I have no complaints!
Came beautifully packaged very quickly. I no longer have to come back to a batch of food burned up and ruined w/ over timing and overheating. I have NO fear any longer of fire caused by other cheap dehydrators. I read all reviews prior to buying. I disagree with some very much. I got the stainless shelves and don't find them to be flimsy at all. I don't think the knobs are too small. If they were bigger it wouldn't fold up right anyway. I find it quiet enough that while listening to something else like U-tube I have to lean over to see if light is on with it running, and can barely hear it other times. They tell you not to put anything on top, so if you do the doors don't want to shut correctly, so I do wish they made the top a bit stronger so you could put stuff on top when working. I've already dehydrated everything from fruits to meats, and veggies. So great to throw a handful into a dish. Best investment I've made in forever. I should add that I think it best to buy directly from the Company itself, being a better deal for everyone involved. About to do a bag of Potatoes that would otherwise go to waste. I should also add that my refrigerator/freezer broke and I had a lot of spoilage. I can save food for a very long time in a Prep situation with this so it makes me feel more food secure. Also in some horrible situation I can pack this up in a bag and take it with me. I highly recommend buying and when I save up enough may get another.
|Temperature Range||85-165°F / 30-74°C (Also Operates Fan Only / No Heat)|
|Running Time||15 min - 99 hours (Time 1) / 15 min - 99 hours (Time 2)|
|Dimensions (Closed)||22"W x 12 1/4"D x 3 3/4"H (56cm W x 31 D x 9.5 H)|
|Dimensions (Open)||22"W x 14 3/8"D x 11"H (56cm W x 36.5 D x 28 H)|
|Weight||Dehydrator Only: 12.8 lbs / 5.8 kg|
|-||Stainless Steel Shelves: 4.9 lbs / 2.2 kg (DR-710/20 S)|
|-||Polypropylene Plastic Shelves: 4.1 lbs / 1.9 kg (DR-710/20 P)|
|Dimensions (Exterior Closed)||18 x 14.5 x 2.75” high / 46 x 37 x 6.5cm high|
|Power||DR-710 120VAC, 50-60Hz (750W)|
|-||DR-720 220-240VAC, 50Hz (690-820W)|